Wednesday 13 May 2015

First Instameet Experience

After hours of chores and days of begging mom, I finally got to join an Instameet! Yayy!

Getting there was not at all smooth. It was full of waiting for jeepneys, seeking for shades and calling for taxis under the parching heat of the sun with my friends Ryann Reyes and Brittny Lourde.

It started with some sort of an activity prepared by the organizer/s that gives other grammers an idea about how your feed looks like and what kind of pictures you take and etc..

Light conversations were going on over the table when we decided to start taking photographs. I suddenly felt a tickle in the pit of the stomach. Like the M&M shake whatsit I ordered came alive in my gut and did the naenae. Anyways, these are some of the photos we were able to take (or I was able to steal).
The meet was held at Cafe Racer along NRA. Photo by Brittny 

Look at me. I look so happy... Photo by Ryann

...and awkward. Photo by Brittny


This is the only decent photo I was able to take. Cheers to that!

My first Instameet was eerily fun. It was a kind of fun that my system isn’t used to. It felt like a hole in me that I never knew existed has been filled. Like an unknown craving was fed. Like I french kissed a dragon and liked it. (can’t think of anymore similes)


What made it more meaningful to me is that awesome people I follow on Instagram are awesomer in person (yes, awesomer. Superlative: awesomest). They don’t make you feel inferior and it feels nice to a tyro like me. With people like them in the background of the event, the potentials of Instameet are endless.
"We are art baby. Deep beautiful art." Photo and caption by Brittny

So if you ever think of attending an Instameet, don’t hangback and join! You have read my testimony about my first Instameet and I assure you your first is going to be nothing less!

What I wore:
Top: Metro Department Store
Bottom: Buffshop Online
Bag: Salvatorre Mann
Shoes: FitFlop Men's Raff Shoes

3 comments:

  1. awee. haha touching comments for the instameet. glad you went, Shandool! 😂 see you again next time. i hope di na lisod iask sa imo mom and you wont have to do a lot of chores for bargain hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking forward to the next, too! And there will always be chores jud. So Instameet Cebu better announce it earlier so I can prepare. By 'prepare' I mean 'slave myself by doing all the chores possible at home' hahahaha

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?